Wednesday 9 February 2011

Princess and the Playlist - Week 5

This week, I was going to go for chillout however, It turned more towards the punk pop persuasion (must be the mood I'm in, is it a full moon?)  so I thought I would leave the chillout for another time and follow the journey my tiny little mind decided to take me on...

Circa 2003-2006 was a time when I discovered what I would say was American punk pop, it played a big part in my life.

My early 20's were defined by artists such as Jimmy Eat World and Dashboard Confessional, I was in love with any song that appeared in the then ground breaking series that was The O.C, and who can forget all those moody songs that Peyton would spend her days listening to on One Tree Hill (back when it was good kids). Ahhhh its like my teens hit me late!

So are you ready for this?

Click here to get the playlist, and don't forget to subscribe!

Punk Rock 101 - Bowling For Soup - Errrrr Standard! The words crack me up!

Mixed Tape - Jack's Mannequin - I bloody loved this group, I still do, the lead singer was a massive crush of mine once upon a...Ahhh ok ok, I still would!

Saying Sorry - Hawthorn Heights - This was my ring tone for about 3 years, I kid you not its the perfect ring tone, I might reinstate it sometime soon

A Little Less Sixteen Candles A Little More "Touch Me" - Fall Out Boy - Why were Fall Out Boy titles so long? Anyway, they were one of the biggest bands of the punk pop era, and they were rocking, I nearly got punched in a circle pit when I saw them once - FACT

Letters To You - Finch - You were not a proper punk rock princess if you didn't simply DIE when you heard a Finch song!

Bleed American - Jimmy Eat World - I saw them a few years back at a festival, I will never forget the people I met when I was watching them, I was quite possibly the oldest person in the mosh pit with a bunch of whipper snappers who only know a few songs

The Future Freaks Me Out - Motion City Soundtrack - This song gives me a bounce in my step, it is a great

Teenage Dirtbag - Whetus - Reminds me of being in my mates skaggy bedsit with 2 guys we just met and one of them singing "I'm just a teenage acorn baby" it was so funny, I still to this day don't understand why the acorn reference.

Breathing - Yellowcard - I love the strings that Yellowcard use, totally beautiful

Timberwolves At New Jersey - Taking Back Sunday - A lot of people wouldn't agree that this is their best song, they would be wrong, this is epic

Stolen - Dashboard Confessional - Chris Carrabba is a God, I own hundreds of Dashboard songs, vindicated is my favourite but not on Spotify unfortunately

Lyrical Lies - Cute Is What We Aim For - I like the moral of this song, life is too short, gorgeous acoustic goodness

I Will Follow You In To The Dark - Death Cab For Cutie - I discovered Death Cab thanks to the O.C. I was in awe and it led me to so many other artists in their genre, there is something quite haunting to Death Cab songs I always think

Existentialism On Prom Night - Straylight Run - Possibly one of my favourite piano based songs ever, simply divine, ♫ Sing like you think no ones listening ♫ a lyric that will stay with me forever

Click here to get the playlist, and don't forget to subscribe!


And if you don't have Spotify, why not, its legal and free! get it HERE!

Hope you enjoy, if you have any ideas for any themes let me know, also if you would like to submit a memory lane playlist like I did in week 2 please mail or tweet me, lets talk music people!


Lisa
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...