Sunday 27 February 2011

Princess and the Playlist - Week 6

I haven't posted a playlist for a few weeks, I have kind of been a little bit busy working 5 days a week, going to college on Saturdays and trying to see friends and family! yep I am a little stretched to say the least however hoping to get back on track in the coming weeks.

I have a rather huge obsession with a certain Bajan lady which lead me to look at the modern day diva. A diva is a celebrated female singer, I hope you agree with my choices!

Click here to get the playlist, and don't forget to subscribe!

Complicated - Rihanna- stating things off with my favourite little lady, could have gone for an obvious choice here but I love this album track, I love that she has a bit of attitude too all round I love her, I want to be her, I would turn for her

Smash In To You - Beyonce - This is my favourite Beyonce track, even in a ballad her voice is so powerful, the woman has such control, must be all that running her dad made her do...

Already Gone - Kelly Clarkson - I have always adored Kelly Clarkson, she is the kind of down to earth diva, ultra talented but grounded

Fucking Perfect - P!nk - An alternative kind of mick take of a diva, such an incredible vocal talent

You Lost Me - Christina Aguilera - The super sexy 50's siren reincarnated diva, Anyone who doesn't like her should be shot!

Hold It Against Me - Britney Spears - OK so she is mental but she is a media machine a Madonna of our time in that she isn't amazing but knows how to work the press and keep herself in the spotlight, even if it means going bald for a while!

Make You Feel My Love - Adele - I could never imagine if I bumped in to Adele on a night out, that her vocals would be so amazing, I still can't believe its her to be honest!

Try Sleeping With A Broken Heart - Alicia Keys - I remember hearing her first song Fallin' and thinking "this girl is going to be massive" 10 years later she is proving me right

The Flood - Cheryl Cole - I think this will be a controversial one but I have said it before, I really like her and she again is a marketing machine, you need that to stay fresh sometimes in this industry

Alejandro - Lady Gaga - She is proper nuts, her outfits are insane(ly awful) but her talent soars above everything I hate

Your Love Is My Drug - Ke$ha - The girl is a dirty diva and not in a good way, I want to scrub her till her skin is all shiny but I cant help but enjoy her records

Price Tag - Jessie J - Up until about 2 weeks ago I hated Jessie J, but I have to admit that I caved and totally cannot stop singing this ruddy song!

Click here to get the playlist, and don't forget to subscribe!

And if you don't have Spotify, why not, its legal and free! get it HERE!
 So what do you think? have I missed off any of your favourite divas? let me know! 

Hope you enjoy, if you have any ideas for any themes let me know, also if you would like to submit a memory lane playlist like I did in week 2 please mail or tweet me, lets talk music people! 

Lisa
xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...