Wednesday 15 December 2010

Momentos

I am a hoarder, I keep everything, from the jewelry box my dad made for my great grandma (Old Nana, who was the greatest) to boxes...empty boxes!

When thinking of the one thing I could never be without it is a reminder of my trip to Australia, a tatty $5 bracelet (from Sporty Girl) that is lucky to have survived this long! It has been a year since I was in Australia, and I have worn this bracelet everyday without fail.

My $5 bracelet I cant live without
I cant imagine being without it, every time I look at it I remember my time in Oz and my desire to go back for longer and really travel it, it spurs me on and makes me realise why I am working so hard, it tells me to have hope and believe in my dreams!

I dread the day it breaks which it inevitably will, I sometimes think I should stop wearing it and put it somewhere safe, but out of sight out of mind and I feel it would loose all meaning, I love it and will wear it until it breaks, at which point I will cry like a baby who wants its dummy.

What is the one thing that you couldn't part with? what item means the world to you? 

Lisa
xx

1 comment:

  1. Ditto! My silver ring that I bought down a back alley in Tokyo.
    It's not just a travel memento it reminds me of being able to stand on my own two feet, the time when I got by in a strange city with only two words in the local language. Bought at a time when I felt the smallest I ever could in the whole World I see it as strength, the ability to do anything. It represents everything that I am now and I would be devastated if I ever lost it. x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...