Friday 28 January 2011

Princess and the Playlist - Week 4

This weeks playlist is all about songs that I am loving at the moment, most are current hits that I keep singing at my desk to annoy the poor folk I work with!

I was upset  to see that my number one choice of current favourites, Wrech 32  - Traktor, wasn't available on Spotify yet...Boo Hiss! Here is the video anyway (thank god for You Tube!)


On to the important business....I hope you have warmed up those vocal chords!

Click here to get the playlist, and don't forget to subscribe!

L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N - Noah And The Whale - I love any song in which my name is featured, I love Noah And The Whale, so this combo blows my tiny mind! My challenge to you is to sing it all the way through without making a mistake!


Reason Is Treason - Kasabian - Heard it on the TV the other day, cant get it out of my brain, this song will forever be amazing

Jump In To The Fog - The Wombats - Another hit for the boys, this is already huge!


Against All Odds - Chase & Status Feat Kano - Get my groove on walking to work to this song, thinking I'm a fly gal, ya gets me blud! Haha!

Ain't Nobody - Clare Maguire - I think that it is a travesty that this girl came 3rd in the sound of 2011 decided by INMWT (in new music we trust) and Jessie J came first, frankly I cant stand Jessie J, Clare has such a haunting folksy voice, I bloody love her


Wreckin' Bar - The Vaccines - Also featured in sound of 2011, their current song isn't all that, this song is however is awesome


Salt Air - Chew Lips - I saw this band play in a tiny venue called Hampton's last year, they have such a connection with the audience, you really fall under their mesmerising spell when you see them

Shine A Light - Mcfly Feat Taio Cruz - I basically can not live without Mcfly, their songs are catchy (always a bonus for a good pop song!) and they are hot, hell even the ugly one got good looking (he still has a massive chin though, Brucie anyone?)

Lights - Elle Goulding - I'm not the biggest Elle fan I admit it, but my makeup course is taught by her makeup artist so been watching lots of her YouTube vids and actually quite like this catchy ditty


Skinny Genes - Eliza Doolittle - Summer is defiantly not here but this makes me feel like it is only a breath away, if I squint I can see the sun just around the corner

Slip and Dive - Daystar - @NicolaLH from the wonderful world of Twitter recommended this Manchester based band, great song and having tweeted with them (@Daystarband) they are thoroughly nice lads, I love the guitars on this song, also a lovely bit of tambourine work!

Down By The Water - The Decemberists - Love this band, the sound is folksy and I love me a good folk (song!)

Rolling In The Deep - Adele - I loved her last album and cant wait to get my ears around the new one if this song is anything to go by its going to be a corker!

Click here to get the playlist, and don't forget to subscribe!

And if you don't have Spotify, why not, its legal and free! get it HERE!
Hope you enjoy, if you have any ideas for any themes let me know, also if you would like to submit a memory lane playlist like I did in week 2 please mail or tweet me, lets talk music people!
Lisa
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...